Thank you for taking the time to get to know us and our Transportable Cabins for Rent a little better. When renting a cabin/unit, we feel it’s important for the customer to know who you are dealing with.
Unit2Rent is managed by directors and staff with over 50 years combined experience in the building industry.
We pride ourselves on being a completely 100% New Zealand owned and operated company. All materials used in our units are manufactured and/or supplied by New Zealand companies.
Unit2Rent offers units ranging in sizes from 9m2 and up to 36m2. Our experienced staff will guide you to ensure your rental experience is an enjoyable one.
We have a purpose-built site at 1121c Great South Road, Drury 2578, on the Pukekohe Hiabs site. (Viewing by appointment). If you are visiting, please be aware there are a lot of light industrial sites on this road.
How to Rent a Transportable Cabin
- View the "Choose a Unit" page to see the options we have for rentable units.
- Complete our online application form.
- Provide us with photo ID and proof of address for your current residence.
- Provide a letter/email from legal landowner giving “approval to place a unit on the property”. This must include their name and all contact details.
- Provide photos and measurements of the site as follows:
- Take photos or a video from across the road looking up the driveway. We are looking for low hanging wires and trees. We also need you to provide the inside measurement of the gateway so we can make sure we can get the truck in.
- Take photos or a video travelling up the driveway to the site of the where you want the unit placed. We need photos to show if there is any slope on the lawn. We are also looking again for low wires and trees.
- Take a photo and measurement of where you will have the 16amp caravan plug installed on the outside of the building. We supply a 15m cord at no additional cost. Cords over this length will be at additional cost.
- Take photos of the septic waste to which your unit will be piped. Once again, we supply up to 25m at no additional cost, but the septic can be pumped up to 40m on the flat. Any piping over 25m will be at additional cost.
- Water is supplied to the unit through a garden hose. You will need to supply the hose and the fitting.
- Unit2Rent undertakes credit checks and reviews the application and site for the unit.
- Unit2Rent will advise you if your application is approved or declined.
- A quote will then be emailed to you outlining the costs for cartage, rent in advance, and the pre-aid cartage pick up fee.
- If you are getting a WINZ quote, we will supply the quote to you and you will need to pass this on to your Case Manager.
- Once your application is processed and your invoice is paid, you will then be sent the rental agreement for your approval and signature.
- Once the signed paperwork is received by Unit2Rent, your unit can be delivered.
- You set up your automatic payment to start your rent the day your unit is delivered (you pay your rent in advance).
We are currently delivering between Taupo and Whangarei. Deliveries outside of this region are by special arrangement only.
- Install for larger sized units and any cranes required will be quoted on a case by case basis.
- The site is to be level and stable for installation of the unit. Any site works are the client’s responsibility.
- Ideally we need 4m width and 4.5m height clearance to access a site.
- All prices are Ex Factory only (No on-site costs allowed for unless quoted).
Placement of Transportable Cabins for Rent
Our delivery company has its own specially designed truck and trailer system. The unit is winched off and then moved around by a digger into its final spot. We will then block up the unit to make it level and then the deck is added.
Any ground works required by the client to level the site will need to be done prior to the delivery of the unit. This would be at the client’s expense. See the FAQ section for further information.
Note: While all care is taken during the installation of your unit, we are not responsible for any damage caused by the delivery company in the positioning of the unit.
Apply now for a free quotation for you to take to WINZ to rent one of our units.