What is The Minimum Rental Term?
The minimum rental term is 12 months*. This term may be extended four weeks before the end of your rental term.
*the Deluxe 2-bedroom cabin is a minimum 24 months term.
What Site Setup and Prep Do I Need to Do?
It is desirable for you to provide clear open access to the site. Then there is no chance of your unit getting scratched by overhanging trees etc.
Our Unit2Rent units are delivered to your property with a specialist truck and trailer system. A digger is then used to easily manoeuvre the unit into those tight areas that the truck can’t reach. There is usually no site prep needed if the site is reasonably flat. (If the unit is over 10m long you will need to have a 6T digger onsite to manoeuvre it into place).
Once the unit is placed in the requested position it is then blocked (not piled) up to make it level. The units are all built on a steel frame chassis. If the site is uneven or sloped you may need to get a digger to level the site location prior to the delivery of the unit.
Ideally our delivery company needs 4m width and 4.5m height clearance to deliver a unit to the site.
PERMISSIONS: Every site is different and so are the requirements of the local authorities. You need to double check what the requirements are for your property.
All Units over 10m2 are built to the NZ building Code 3604, by registered trades staff.
What About Difficult Access?
There are many placement options for our units. In most cases, access is pretty straight forward. If the truck can’t get directly to the site, the unit can be dragged into place with the digger.
Our units can also be lifted over fences and houses with hiab or crane. This option can be surprisingly inexpensive for the flexibility it gives you.
What are Your Standard Building Features?
What About Power and Water?
POWER: All our Unit2Rent units have an electrical compliance certificate. You will need to ensure that you have an external power supply at your site with a 16amp caravan connection. You will also need to ensure that all power appliances in the unit, including any hotwater cylinders, are properly prepared prior to the connection of the electricity supply. Note: If you don’t have the caravan connection we will supply you with a 15m long plug in an adaptor to connect to your standard power supply; however, this is a temporary measure until you install the 16amp caravan connection and note that it will reduce the power ampage supplied to your unit. We highly recommend that you have made arrangements with an electrician to install the 16amp caravan connection prior to the installation of the unit. We can supply a 25meter caravan extension lead– this is at an additional cost.
WATER: Standard in all our Unit2Rent units is an exterior water inlet that can be connected with a standard garden hose, from your existing onsite water supply. You will need to ensure that you provide a water supply with a minimum pressure of 25psi and a maximum pressure of 75psi. You will need to supply the hose and connections at the tap and onto the unit.
WASTEWATER: There are 2 options with Wastewater.
Option 1: Installation of a Saniflo pump. This means that waste can be pumped down a 25mm pipe up to 40ms from the unit, it can also pump up hill about 7ms. The hose pipe we supply is 25 meters long. We can run a 50 metre waste pipe for an additional cost. There is an extra cost involved for the pump – unless it has been explicitly included in the unit you have selected and rental agreement.
Option 2: The toilet outlet can be plumbed in as per your normal house system. This would need to be carried out by a qualified drain layer. The waste will then go into your existing sewer drain or septic tank.
What is the Cost of Delivery?
The delivery and pick up fee is required to be prepaid prior to delivery. Once this is paid, if the unit is in stock it will be delivered to your site ready for immediate occupancy.
For an average installation**, delivery/pickup costs start from approx $750 (each way) for 3m wide units. Larger units are quoted individually due to extra costs involved for over dimension pilot vehicles etc.
** An average installation is usually where the truck can gain access directly to the site and the unit can be dragged into place by the digger. If a hiab or crane is needed we can arrange this; however, it is quoted separately.
Do I Need to Pay a Bond for a Rental Unit?
This is assessed on a case by case basis.
Permits and Consents
- All units over 10m2 are built to NZ Building Code 3604.
- Site permits are the responsibility of the Customer.
What happens if I terminate before the minimum term?
At least four weeks’ notice is required to be given in writing to Unit2Rent. If the Customer wishes to terminate the agreement prior to the expiry of the Minimum Term, the Company may require the Customer to pay a termination fee equal to eight Weekly Rental payments (this is in addition to the notice period).
Other Points To Note
- Minimum delivery charge/pick up charge starts from $750 each way.
- Any ground works / fence removals that may be required at the site are not included and are the responsibility of the customer.
- The unit remains the property of Unit2Rent through the rental term.
- All care is taken during placement, however, no responsibility is accepted by the delivery company for damage caused to the surrounding area.
- Prices include GST and are rounded to the nearest dollar.
- Unit2Rent charges an administration fee of $200 for each rental agreement. The administration fee is waived unless the customer cancels the rental agreement before delivery of the unit. If the customer cancels the rental agreement following the payment of the deposit, Unit2Rent Limited will refund the deposit less the administration fee.
On-site Health and Safety Requirements
- On delivery, it is a requirement that one onsite spokesperson is present to give clear instructions regarding site access, unit placement and to sign the HAZARDS register to the delivery company.
- Please notify the site manager of any onsite HAZARDS that we may not be aware of ie: low power lines, pot holes etc
- No unauthorized persons to be within 25m of moving vehicles and the unit until the site manager gives the all clear.
- All dogs to be kept under full control during the delivery process.
- The delivery and placement of the units imposes REAL risks ie: vehicle rolling over, chains breaking causing units to drop, moving vehicles with limited vision etc. Therefore Unit2Rent requires all personnel not trained in the delivery to be a min of 25m from all moving machinery and the unit until the site manager gives the all clear.
- All vehicles not directly involved in the delivery of the unit, to be parked off site to ensure unimpeded access.
- All site noise to be kept to a minimum as the operators are communicating instructions to each other.
- If there is a crane onsite, please follow their safety rules and sign their HAZARDS register
If you have any concerns the nominated onsite spokesperson is to stop the operators and ask them for clarification.